The Qatalog app for Slack links your Qatalog account to your Slack team, making collaboration on your projects, goals, and workflows even easier.
Who can use this feature?
What to expect
- The Qatalog app for Slack will allow you to receive notifications about status changes, reminders, comments, and other relevant actions from Qatalog into Slack.
How to integrate Slack into Qatalog
Before you can add Qatalog into Slack, we need to set up the initial integration. Luckily, it's as easy as can be.
- Login to Qatalog
- Click on the Integrations icon on the left sidebar
- Click on Slack then follow the connection prompts
Setting up your personal notifications
To change which notifications you receive for entire groups of entities (ex: all projects, all goals, all workflows, all teams, all people), within Qatalog:
- Click your profile image in the side menu
- Select Settings
- Open the Notifications page
- Scroll down to the relevant section (in this case, Slack)
To change notifications for specific projects, goals, teams, people: go to that specific page and click Unfollow (bell icon) under the project name.
Setting up automatic notifications from Qatalog
When setting up an entity (such as a Project or Goal) in Qatalog, you’ll have the opportunity to connect it to Slack. This connection will share updates about activity within Qatalog to the linked Slack channel as a notification. As an example, if your goal’s status is updated to “Completed”, your linked Slack channel will see a notification from Qatalog.
Connect a Slack channel to an entity by following these steps:
- Open the Project, Goal, or other entity that you’d like to link to Slack
- On the left side under the page title and member list, choose which Slack channel to connect by either scrolling through the drop down list or typing the room’s name in. If this is your first time connecting to Slack, you will be asked to sign in to your Slack workspace.
Please note: when connecting a private Slack channel to a Qatalog entity, only members of that channel will be able to see that channel’s name and send messages to it. Otherwise, it will simply say “Private channel” and this is how it will appear:
If a user that’s not part of the channel clicks on the button and tries to send a message, Qatalog will show a warning stating that the user needs to ask a member of that entity for an invite to that Slack room.
Sharing from Qatalog to Slack
You can choose to share your post to a Slack channel, Slack DM, or email during the publishing process.
For the first time you'd like to share to Slack, follow these steps:
- In Qatalog: Enable your Slack integration on the integrations page
- In Slack: Invite @Qatalog to the desired Slack channel
- Click Share in the upper right corner of your post within Qatalog then select the Slack channel you'd like to share to
- Go check out your new notification in Slack
What languages is Qatalog for Slack available in?
Qatalog for Slack is currently only available in English.
How much does the Qatalog for Slack app cost?
Nothing! There is no additional cost to use our Slack app with your existing Qatalog and Slack accounts.
What are the requested scopes for the Slack app?
The Qatalog app for Slack requests the minimal set of scopes required to operate properly. They are listed below alongside explanations.
- channels:read - This scope connects your selected Slack channel with your selected Qatalog entity.
- groups:read - This scope is used to populate the Slack channel dropdown that you see throughout the site.
- team:read - This scope is used to pull your Slack team and workspace’s name into Qatalog.
Why can’t I search across Slack channels?
Your Slack administrator will need to install a specific Qatalog app to allow searching across your workspace. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in enabling this feature
Can I issue Slack commands?
Not yet, but our team is working on this actively. If there are specific commands you want to use, please let us know at email@example.com!
How do you use my information?