About Pages Import
Migrating existing work from one platform to another can be difficult and time-consuming. To help with this, Qatalog has introduced Page imports, which allows users to export Pages from the tool of their choice as HTML and upload it to Qatalog to create Qatalog Pages of the same content.
Note: As of October 2023, Qatalog only accepts HTML from Confluence Spaces. If you wish to use Page imports for a different tool, please contact email@example.com.
Who can import Pages?
Import Pages is available to all Qatalog users. However, you will only be able to import Pages to Module Items or areas of Qatalog where you have edit access (ex: your Profile, the Company Information page if you're an Admin or Communications Admin).
How to import Pages
1. Go to the Module Item or area where you'd like to import Pages. You have a few options for importing Pages:
- From a Module, your Profile, a Team:
- Overview: Manage > Import Pages
- From the Pages modal:
- Import Pages (via "..." on top right),
- Import (next to Create button)
Import Pages ingresses: from Pages modal (left), from Overview "Manage" menu (right)
- From Company Info page (note: only accessible to Admins, Communications Admins):
- Import Pages within Page tab
Import Pages ingress on Company Information page (visible to Admins, Communications Admins)
2. Select the source of your HTML. As of October 2023, Qatalog only accepts HTML from Confluence.
3. Upload the HTML from your provider. Qatalog accepts .zip files and .html files for this step, but at they moment, they must come from Confluence to ensure proper formatting.
For more information on how to download HTML from Confluence, please see this link.
Note: Qatalog can only accept files smaller than 500MB. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're encountering issues.
4. View your new Pages. Depending on the size of your HTML file(s), your import may take a bit of time, though most happen immediately. Qatalog will send you an in-app notification and email alerting you when your Pages are officially ready.