If you’d like to set up a goal but don’t want the structure of OKRs, you can create one Goals Module with a measurement capability and allow your team to customize the Goal setup based on their individual scenarios.
Proposed Goal Module Setup:
- Name: Goal/Goals
- Icon: At your discretion (ideas: Star, Diamond, Target)
- Show in People, Team: On
- External sharing: Off
- Custom Fields:
- Owner (People field)
- Timeframe: (Multi-select field with quarters and/or years, like: Q1 2023, Q2 2023, OR 2023, 2024, etc)
- Due date (Date selection field)
- At your discretion - any Module that can contribute to this Goal
- On track (green)
- Off track (red)
- On hold (yellow)
- Completed (blue)
- Measurements (more on this below)
- Set reminders for leadership to check in on Objectives at a regular cadence
- We recommend separately creating a Page template for how you’d like your company to think about and handle Goals (expectations, timelines, how to write them, etc). Once you have this, add it as a Page preset to your Goals module to give anyone creating a Goal a helpful reminder on best practices.
Goal Measurement capability set-up from Module settings:
- Name: Leave blank or provide helpful text (“Goal name - edit”)
- Source: Manually entered
- Unit: Number
- Set default values: 0, 1000
- Notify on change: On
Once you set up your Goals module, remember that you must add it to your Navigation to make it visible to your organization!
To learn more about how to add and edit Navigation items, read our Customizing Your Navigation article.