Triggers are automated sequential actions that happen in the background of your Qatalog activities.
They enable you to automate your organization's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the background based on your Qatalog activities. This will give you the freedom to focus on more value-added activities.
Every Trigger needs an activity to be specified and that Trigger runs only on that activity.
How to setup a Trigger
General users can set up triggers in items they are Owners or Admins of, by going to Manage > Triggers.
In the Triggers module, click on "Add new trigger" to get started. You need to give the trigger a name and select when you want it to happen.
Triggers can run on any of the following activities:
- Status changed - When an Item's status is changed, e.g. from pending to finished.
- Metric changed - When the Item's metric or measurement is changed, e.g. a goal's percentage is updated.
- Item archived - When the Item is archived.
- Item unarchived - When the Item is unarchived.
- Visibility changed - When an Item's visibility is changed from public to private or private to public.
- Member added - When a person is added to an Item.
- Member removed - When a person is removed from an Item.
Once you select the trigger activity, click "Create" to move on to adding steps.
After you create your trigger, click on "Add action" to add a step, this can be an action within Qatalog, or in any of your connected integrations.
For instance, you can create a trigger so when a new member is added to an Item, a welcome email will automatically be sent to their inbox.
When you choose an action, you will see different variables available to personalize it to your needs, you can see the options by clicking on the lightning bolt icon.
Are you an admin?
Admins can pre-configure certain triggers to be included in new Items created in a Module. See how on our Trigger Settings article.
Article is closed for comments.