Tasks enable you to sort out what has to get done and who’s going to do it. With Tasks, you can set due dates, create sub-tasks, and start discussions.
You can also assign tasks to your team and monitor which ones are pending, in progress, or completed.
Creating a Task
If your admin has enabled tasks in an item, you can create one by going to the tasks tab and either typing a new task directly at the bottom of the existing task list or by clicking on the blue + button.
You can also create tasks directly in your profile, or your dashboard, both with the same blue + button.
Within a task you can do several things:
- Add sub-tasks
- Set a status
- Add one or more assignees
- Set a due date
- Change the location of a task (from an item to your profile, for example)
- Set an estimate
- Set a priority
- Add another task as a blocker. This is useful to signify that until one task is not finished, you can't get started with the next one.
- Add labels, to simplify search, filtering, and grouping.
- Set a recurrence, using the "Repeat" feature.
You and your teammates with access to a task can add comments, where you can embed content, @metion people or items, and more.
To see all the available options, type a / and the commands will show.
Article is closed for comments.