To learn more about what you can do with Tasks, see Understanding Tasks.
Within the Tasks settings, you can manage how tasks are created, accessed, templated, and tracked within your Module. This article breaks down the various ways you can customize Tasks to fit your business's needs.
1. Customize your Task Statuses
Task Status is the primary way to communicate Task progress. That said, progress can look different for every organization, team, or even project, which is why you can edit, add, or delete your Task statuses to customize them for your use case.
Note that the first Task status listed is always the default status (this is what the task status will default to on creation), and the last status in the list means "task complete."
2. Default Tasks
When interacting with common work objects like Customers, Vendors, Projects, Launches, Office Openings, Store Locations, or anything else, we frequently find we have to perform the same set of tasks again and again.
As an admin, you can make these common Tasks easier for your team to recall and follow by ensuring they're automatically created when a Module item is created.
To do this, simply add the Tasks you want to be created every time a Module item is created in the Default Tasks section.
Example list of Default Tasks. Every created Campaign will get this set of default Tasks created, and if designated, assigned to people to complete.
You can also set a recurrence to default tasks by clicking on the "Doesn't Repeat" option and changing the cadence. You can set the default to repeat on a daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly cadence.
More info on recurring tasks can be found in this article.
3. Task Preferences
Lastly, you can determine if you'd like your Tasks to feature the following fields. You can turn them on/off with the toggle.
- Due Date: Determine if you'd like your Tasks to have a due date.
- Labels: Determine if you'd like your Tasks to have labels (Task-specific tags)
- Estimates: Determine if you'd like your Tasks to have time estimates. Estimate options are: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large.
- Priorities: Determine if you'd like your Tasks to have priorities. Priority options are: Low, Medium, High, Urgent.
- Repeat: You can toggle ‘Repeat’ on, in order to enable tasks to repeat on a given cadence.