Modules are the core building blocks of your Qatalog System. They provide a scalable and customizable way to organize the crucial elements of your organization’s work, whether that involves people, products, processes, projects, or just about anything.
For example, an international marketing agency might use four different Modules to manage their work: Clients, Campaigns, Consultants, and Offices.
You can also use these Modules to centralize key resources, status updates, and conversations related to the element of work you are organizing, in context, all in one place.
For example, a ‘Client Module’ would be used to store key client information, but you would also be able to add key resources (contracts and agreements, etc), discussions (related to billing or renewal), or updates. All of these remain attached to the relevant Item of work.
Once you have defined the Module and identified the crucial information you want it to manage, it acts like a template. That means each time you create a new version of that Module (an Item) it maintains the same structure, with all the same information fields, relationships, and features.
There are multiple Features you can include in a Module to help you stay up to speed on its activity:
- Overview: Shows the name of the Item, its team members, tags, and the latest activity
- Fields: Create custom fields to surface any and all important Module information
- Threads: A place to post updates, have conversations, or ask questions specific to your Item
- Pages: Create, share and centralize knowledge within your Item
- Tasks: Track what needs to be done and who’s doing it
- Resources: Add links to key resources from outside of Qatalog
- Lifecycle: Track the status of your Items
- Measurements: Track your Item towards a measurable goal
- Timelines: Setup standard phases for your Items
- Reminders: Send recurring notifications to people working on an Item
Additionally, you can also create Triggers that help you set up automatic reactions to common actions in your Module.
For admins: Create a Module
You can create a Module by going to Settings > Modules > Add New.
You will be able to customize the Module’s name and icon, as well as the Features you want to have available in the Items related to that Module.
There is also the option of adding templates to a specific Module, for instance, if you’re creating a “Clients” Module, you can add a Page template for a new client onboarding.
For our full Module admin guide, click here.